Energy and Infrastructure
Large scale energy and infrastructure projects involve a unique set of transactions and financial dealings and must consider various regulatory aspects. At APM & Co. our Energy and Infrastructure department has acquired significant experience in these fields, providing legal advice and representation to many clients, on large scale local and multinational projects.
The department represents and advises corporations, conglomerates, partnerships, entrepreneurs and financial institutions, in the structuring, development, financing and construction of energy and infrastructure projects, including BOT and PFI projects.
Over the years, numerous transactions have allowed us to gain varied experience, each time representing a different client, standing on different sides of the table. It is this wide experience that has provided our team with a broad understanding of the requirements of each participant, allowing us to offer a unique and comprehensive service.
As leading counsel we often find ourselves bridging gaps to accommodate the needs of our clients and providing added value in the form of access to relevant projects, financing and market experts.
As projects of this kind entail complex multinational regulatory and financing aspects, our wide range of services are based on an in-depth understanding of the projects, the technologies and the financial structure of such projects.
We provide our clients with representation and legal advice on the full spectrum of transactions in the areas of energy, infrastructure and natural resources, including:
- Renewable energy projects (such as solar energy, wind farms, pumped storage energy and others)
- Water treatment desalination plants
- Water treatment in mines
- Sewerage treatment
Within these areas, our services frequently touch upon:
- EPC agreements
- O&M agreements
- Power Purchase agreements
- Projects financing
- BOT tenders
- Energy regulations
- Joint ventures
- Planning, zoning and permits
In recent years our Energy and Infrastructure department has been involved in numerous projects, including the following:
Conventional and PV Energy:
- Representation of leading EPC contractors from Israel and abroad on several transactions, involving the construction of PV plants in Israel, the Czech Republic and Germany to a total generating capacity of over 200MW.
- Representation of an Israeli public company in the acquisition and financing of over 80 PV plants in Israel, including advising on regulatory, licensing, financial and real estate aspects.
- Representing Israeli investors on a joint venture for the construction of numerous conventional gas generated electric plants in Russia and Poland.
- Representation of an Israeli EPC contractor on a turnkey construction of a desalination plant ordered by Mekorot (the Israeli water company) built and delivered in Limassol, Cyprus.
- Representation in a transaction for supplying, installing and commissioning of waste water treatment plants in Ghana and South Africa.
- Advising and representing the Association of Oil and Gas Exploration Industries regarding regulatory matters.
- Representing one of the participants on a contemplated JV in a tender to build the gas transmission system.
- Advice and ongoing legal representation to various financial institutions on transactions involving energy, water treatment and other infrastructure projects. Among others, we advised Deutch Bank, Mizrahi Bank and various institutional investors.