Dr. Tal Tirosh is a Partner in the firm's High Tech and Venture Capital department.
Dr. Tirosh has a rich and diverse experience in representing start-ups, founders, investors, and scale-ups, beginning from the early stages of initiation of the company all through to the exit stage. She advises clients through the various investment rounds, as well as with counsel on the entire range of corporate and commercial matters Dr. Tirosh also has vast experience in representing local and international private equity and venture capital funds in their investments in Israeli and US start-ups. She also has extensive experience and knowledge in the field of global and local mergers and acquisitions, including having represented strategic and financial acquirers, shareholders and target companies, as well as having represented numerous joint ventures of Israel and foreign partners.
Dr. Tirosh has further significant experience in the field of commercialization of intellectual property through many years of having represented the commercialization units of one of the largest universities in Israel in all of their IP commercialization transactions. In addition, Dr. Tirosh had been elected to represent two seed investment funds founded by a leading university for its initial investments in research and development projects carried out by university researchers.
Dr. Tirosh in-depth acquaintance with the business and organizational cultures of both Israel and the US, as well as her vast experience in representing local and foreign clients, position Dr. Tirosh at the forefront of the industry and is a unique place in being able to represent foreign clients in their investments in Israel and representing Israeli clients in investment and merger and acquisition transactions vis-à-vis foreign investors and corporations.
Before joining us a partner, Dr. Tirosh led the Hi-Tech department of a prominent Israeli law firm, and prior thereto she was an associate in the M&A departments of two prestigious and well-known law firms in New York: Davis Polk & Wardwell and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
- Israel Bar Association, 1996.
- New York State Bar, 2002.
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LL.B., law (1995)
- Yale Law School, Yale University, LL.M (1999)
- Yale Law School, Yale University, JSD (1999)
- Authored two chapters (Initial Discussions & Strategic Considerations and Preliminary Agreements) in M&A Practice Guide (2008).
- How the SEC Plans to Curb Short Selling, International Financial Law Review 30 (February 2004) (with Steven Lofchie).
- Provided substantial research assistance and authored significant portions of one chapter Trading in Lofchie's Guide to Broker-Dealer Regulations (2005).
- JSD Thesis “When Dominant Does Not Mean Domination – A Guide to a Better Understanding of Software Markets Competition”.
- Teaching Assistant, Family Law – Professor P. Shifman (1994 –1995)
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Property Law – Professor J. Weisman (1994 –1995)