Orit Israeli is a partner and heads the firm's Commercial, Banking & Finance department. Ms. Israeli has extensive experience dealing with all matters pertaining to financial transactions, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law.
Ms. Israeli represents banks, financial institutions, telecommunication entities and various funds, as well as large companies and borrowers, in their complex and large-scale financial transactions, secured by legally challenging securities, of real estate or otherwise, in Israel or abroad, as well as BOT financing.
In addition, Ms. Israeli has wide experience in M&A transaction in various fields of industry, including traditional industry, the defense industry and the finance industry.
In her years of practice Ms. Israeli has dealt with, among others, the following issues:
- Leading the architecture and negotiations of a large scale merger mega-transaction between two financial institutions. Valued at over NIS 2.3 billion.
- Representation of a consortium of financial institutions in acquiring a loan agreement from a foreign bank. Valued at NIS 380 million.
- Representation of a financial institution in a financial transaction to one of the largest companies in the Israeli market. Valued at NIS 250 million, designated for a BOT project.
- Representation of a consortium of one of the largest banks and one of the largest insurance companies in Israel, for a NIS 320 million financing of a public transportation project.
Ms. Israeli's unique style allows her to fight for her client's rights, while keeping negotiations pleasant and above board, and reaching the best possible results. As the nature of agreements is long term, Ms. Israeli forms relationships with her clients who see her attributes as highly valuable. Ms. Israeli's multi-disciplinary knowledge coupled with her broad experience place her in an optimal position when negotiating on behalf of her clients.
Joined the firm in 2000.
Admission: Israel Bar Association (2000)
- Co-Chairman of the Banking Committee of the Israeli Bar Association
- Member of the BIAC Antitrust Committee (Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD)
- Tel Aviv University, LL.B., Law (1999)
- Tel Aviv University, M.B.A, Business Management (2003)
Languages: Hebrew, English