Asaf Biger is a partner in the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution department.As a seasoned trial lawyer, Mr. Biger routinely appears before a wide range of courts and arbitration tribunals, in Israel and abroad. He has particular expertise in handling cross-border litigation, shareholder disputes and claims against officers in various types of corporations.
The following are some of the cases he has appeared as lead counsel:
- Defending an Israeli defendant in proceedings initiated by the SEC for insider trading in the United States.
- Defending a leading contractor against a NIS 200 million claim.
- Representation of a national education network in a series of proceedings against former affiliated organizations, including NIS 150 million in financial claims, intellectual property rights claims in Israel and the United States, claims for land rights in a 200 campus.
- Defending the board of directors in a publicly traded company against a derivative claim in the amount of NIS 116 million.
- Defending a multi-nation manufacturer of Healthcare devices against a multi-million NIS claim by a former employee concerning a service invention.
- Representation of a multi-nation mining company in a NIS 90 million dispute with a regional municipality.
- Representation of a multi-nation company that provides business information in a dispute with an Israeli ministry.
- Defending the winner of a classified tender by the Ministry of Defense for supply of communications systems.
- Representation of multinational company a foreign in ICC arbitration to the sum of €20 million.
- Defending an international drug manufacturer against a claim of NIS 30 million, for alleged product liability concerning a globally distributed drug.
- Representing a local distributor in a NIS 20 million claim against a multinational manufacturer of consumer products.
Mr. Biger chairs the firm's ethics committee.
He Joined the firm in 2004.
- Israel Bar Association (1996)
- Judge, Disciplinary Court of Tel Aviv District, Israel Bar Association (2005-2008)
- Haifa University, LL.B., Law, Magna Cum Laude (1995)
- Haifa University, B.A, Economics, Cum Laude (1995)
- Teaching Assistant, Foreign Legal Systems, Faculty of Law, Haifa University (1995)
- Teaching Assistant, Contracts Law, Faculty of Law, Haifa University (1995)
- Hebrew, English