"Arie Neiger is ranked as highly recommended"
Legal 500, 2018 EMEA Guide
Arie Neiger heads the firms' Litigation practice and Environmental department and is one of the first lawyers in Israel to practice environmental law. A leader in this field, Mr. Neiger was among the founders of the Department of Nature Conservation for the Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel, and has been engaged in this field for more than 20 years.
Mr. Neiger specializes in representing corporations and executives in criminal proceedings of environmental offenses, environmental class actions and toxic torts. In addition, Mr. Neiger represents petitioners in areas of environment and energy in various courts, including the High Court of Justice, the Court for Administrative Affairs, the Court for Water Matters, as well as administrative procedures with various authorities (mainly the Ministry of Environmental Protection).
Mr. Neiger has extensive experience consulting environmental projects, in areas of renewable energy, waste treatment, recycling and waste, water and desalination plants, from the research and development phase through the implementation of the environmental infrastructure.
Mr. Neiger is also the permanent legal adviser of the Israeli Manufacturers Association, the Israeli Institute of Environment and Energy and the Oil Companies Association. In this capacity he often represents the Israeli Industry, oil and infrastructures sectors in the Knesset committees and before government offices.
Prior to joining APM & Co., Mr. Neiger clerked for the honorable Justice Dov Levin at the Supreme Court of Israel. From 1988 to 1990 Mr. Neiger worked with U.S. firm Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, in Washington DC, where he focused on administrative law. After his return to Israel, he established Neiger-Levitzky, a firm that specialized in environmental law.
In 2011 Mr. Neiger became a senior partner at APM & Co., and coordinates all matters dealing with environmental law, infrastructures and energy.
Mr. Neiger lectures at various colleges and institutes of advanced studies. He has also published several articles and books on these matters.
Mr. Neiger is a retired IDF colonel and served as commander of the paratrooper's brigade. He was also a member of the Braverman Committee for structural reform of IDF reserve service.
Mr. Neiger represents many of Israel's leading organizations and enterprises, in a wide variety of industries, among them are:
- Representative organizations: Israeli Manufacturers Association, Israeli Institute for Energy and Environment, Israeli Oil Companies Association.
- Chemistry and Pharmaceutics: Israeli Chemicals Ltd. Group, Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Haifa Group (a leading supplier of specialtyl fertilizers), Chemagis Perrigo, Dor Chemicals (Dor Group), Vishay Israel Ltd., Tadiran Batteries, Luxembourg Industries Ltd.
- Fuel and Energy: Haifa Oil Refineries, Paz Oil Company, Ashdod Oil Refineries, Israel's Electric Company, Delek Group, Sonol Company, Eilat-Ashkelon Pipeline Company, The Israeli Petroleum and Energy Infrastructures Company, OPC ROTEM.
- Food Industry: Osem Group, Tnuva, Israeli Bottling Company (Coca Cola), Milko (Tara), Frutarom, Shemen Industries.
- Basic Products: Hadera Paper, Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises, Hod Assaf Industries, Yehuda Steel, Profal, Packer Yadpaz Profiles.
- Traffic and Transportation: Taavura Holdings, Mifalei Tovala (part of ICL Group), Chemothal and Chemovil Group, Ashdod Port Company, Haifa Port Company.
- Construction and Infrastructure: Solel-Boneh, Israbeton Concrete Industries, Hanson Israel, Shapir Industries.
- Waste treatment: Amnir Recycling (part of Hadera Paper Group), Tabib Toxic Waste Services Ltd., M.M.M Company United Landfill Industries Ltd.
Joined the firm in 2011.
- New York State Bar (1989)
- Israel Bar Association (1985)
Education: The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LL.B., Law (1985)
Academic Positions: Lecturer on Environmental Sustainability, Ono Academic College (2008-2011)
Languages: Hebrew, English