Omer Bekerman is a partner in the firm's High Tech and Venture Capital department.
Mr. Bekerman represents and acts as legal counsel to companies in the communications, high tech and life sciences fields, on a wide range of activities; from financing and private equity investment transactions (VCs, Angels, Israeli OCS), through commercial agreements (licensing, manufacturing and distribution, corporate sourcing) and counseling senior management and boards of directors on matters of corporate law and governance.
Select recent representative transactions:
• Acting for Cyactive in its acquisition by PayPal (NSDQ:PYPL).
• Acting for Meme Video in its acquisition by Somoto (TASE: SMTO).
• Representing an enterprise software company in an aggregate of US$17 million investment rounds from venture capital funds and corporate investment vehicles.
• Representing a NASDAQ-traded company vis-a-vis large telco operators and service providers in Europe in several multi-million commercial transactions for the sale of licenses, equipment and services.
Mr. Bekerman frequently lectures in different forums, including the entrepreneurship forum of The Weizmann Institute of Science and Google's Launchpad Accelerator program.
Mr. Bekerman is experienced in complex structured finance transactions, and in capital markets transactions for high tech and real estate companies.
Between 2005 and 2008 Mr. Bekerman worked at Sidley Austin LLP as a member of the New York structured finance practice group, and at the Hong Kong capital markets department of the firm.
Joined the firm in 2010.
- Israel Bar Association (2004)
- New York State Bar (2006)
- Tel Aviv University, LL.B., Law, Cum Laude (2003)
- Tel Aviv University, Additional Undergraduate Degree, Economics (2003)
- New York University, LL.M., Law, With Distinction, Dean’s Graduate Award Scholar (2005)
Publication: Omer Bekerman, Torture - The Absolute Prohibition of a relative term, The American Journal of Comparative Law, Fall 2005
Languages: Hebrew, English
"Venture Capital and High-Tech workshop", Guest Lecturer , Faculty of Law, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2016, 2017)